The 10 Best Vehicle Tracking Devices To Monitor Vehicle Activity
What are the best vehicle tracking devices? Let’s first dive into what it is exactly. A vehicle tracking device is a GPS device that is installed in a car to allow the owner or a third party to track its location. The device is used for a variety of purposes such as fleet management, asset tracking, and even personal safety.
There are many different types of vehicle tracking devices on the market, so it can be hard to know which one is right for you. We will go over the 10 best vehicle tracking devices and their features so that you can make an informed decision about which one to buy.
The 10 Best Vehicle Tracking Devices
When it comes to choosing a vehicle tracking device, there are many factors to consider. However, the 10 devices highlighted below are some of the best on the market and offer a variety of features to suit different needs.
1. The Spy Tec GL300MA is one of the most popular GPS trackers for cars and trucks. It provides real-time tracking and can be used to monitor multiple vehicles at once. It also has an optional monthly subscription for more advanced features such as live tracking and driver reports.
2. The Linxup LPVAS1 is another top choice for car tracking. It offers real-time GPS tracking as well as historical data logging so you can review past routes. It’s also very affordable, making it a great option for budget-conscious buyers.
3. The Vectu Personal Vehicle Tracker is perfect for those who want covert tracking capabilities. It can be hidden inside a vehicle and will send alerts if it’s moved or tampered with. This makes it ideal for use in fleet vehicles or company cars.
4. The Garmin GTU 10 is a great all-around GPS tracker that can be used for both personal and business purposes. It offers real-time tracking, geofencing, and even integrates with Google Maps to provide turn-by-turn directions.
5. The LandAirSea 54 is another top choice for car trackers thanks to its wide range of features. In addition to real-time tracking, it also offers driver alerts, geofencing, and even crash detection.
6. The MOTOsafety Wired 3G GPS Tracker is perfect for new or inexperienced drivers. It offers real-time tracking as well as driver coaching features such as speed alerts and an overspeed shutdown.
7. The Zubie dongle is a great choice for those who want comprehensive car tracking capabilities. In addition to real-time GPS tracking, it also provides diagnostic information, maintenance reminders, and even roadside assistance.
8. The Americaloc GL300W Mini is one of the smallest GPS trackers on the market. It’s perfect for hiding inside a vehicle and can provide real-time tracking as well as geofencing capabilities.
9. The TrackmateGPS Mini Tracker is another small and covert GPS tracker that can be used for a variety of purposes. It offers real-time tracking as well as historical data logging so you can review past routes.
10. The SpyTec STI_GL300MINI2 is the perfect choice for those who want a compact and affordable GPS tracker. It offers real-time tracking but doesn’t have some of the more advanced features found in other models.
How to Choose the Right Vehicle Tracking Device
There are a few things to consider when choosing a vehicle tracking device, such as the type of vehicle you have, your budget, and what features you need.
If you have a fleet of vehicles, then you’ll want to choose a device that offers fleet management capabilities. This way, you can track all of your vehicles in one place and get detailed reports on their whereabouts and activity.
GPS tracking devices come in different forms, such as plug-in units or hardwired systems. Plug-in units are easier to install but may not offer as many features as hardwired systems. Hardwired systems are more permanent but can be more difficult to install.
Some devices also come with additional features like real-time tracking, geofencing, and driver behavior monitoring. These features can be helpful if you want to keep track of your vehicles at all times or if you want to set up alerts for certain areas or driving behaviors.
When choosing a vehicle tracking device, it’s important to consider your needs and budget. There are many different types and models of devices available, so make sure to do your research before making a purchase.
Installation and Usage
Before installing a vehicle tracking device, it’s important to consult with your car insurance company to make sure they offer discounts for having one. You should also choose a model that offers features that are important to you, such as real-time tracking, activity alerts, and geofencing.
To install a vehicle tracking device, simply follow the instructions that come with the device. Once it’s installed, you’ll be able to track your vehicle’s location in real-time, set up activity alerts, and create geofences.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is a vehicle tracking device?
A: A vehicle tracking device is a small, self-contained GPS unit that emits a signal that can be tracked by a tracking company or law enforcement. The device is typically placed in the glove compartment, under the seat, or in another location inside the vehicle out of sight.
Q: How does a vehicle tracking device work?
A: A battery powers the GPS unit which continuously calculates its position via satellite. This information is then transmitted to the ground station either through cell towers (using GSM technology) or via satellite (using satellite communicators). From there, the data can be accessed by authorized users either in real-time or at a later time.
Q: Why would I want to use a vehicle tracking device?
A: Vehicle tracking devices offer many benefits including peace of mind, safety, and security. For example, if your child were to take your car without permission, you could track their location and ensure their safety. Or, if your car were to be stolen, you could provide law enforcement with the information they need to recover your vehicle quickly.
Q: Are there any risks associated with using a vehicle tracking device?
A: There are very few risks associated with using vehicle tracking devices. However, it is important to note that some devices require hardwiring into the car’s electrical system which could void your warranty. Additionally, if someone were to discover the device hidden in
If you are looking for a vehicle tracking device, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we have reviewed the 10 best vehicle tracking devices on the market and given our honest opinion on each one. We hope that our reviews have helped you find the perfect device for your needs and that you will be happy with your purchase.